Well, it looks like I can make a few minutes to write some answers to Patrice's chat today. Yeah!
I've actually missed doing this, but with the pregnancy and keeping busy with things around the house while my hubby is away for extended travel - well, it's work.
The weather here is quite chilly. In fact, it's colder here than at Patrice's place. I would say a hot beverage and a fire are in order. Maybe even cover up with some cozy blankets.
Today, Patrice asked:
1. Do you eat eggs? What is your favorite way to serve them? I do eat eggs. In fact, our family probably goes through about 6 dozen a week. I prefer to fill the belly with protein instead of cereal. When I prepare them they are scrambled. Sometimes, we might fry them or hard boil them for sandwiches.
2. Do you have a favorite item you really like having around? Hmmm. I don't think so.
3. Is most of the furniture in your home dark wood, light wood, painted, lacquered, or distressed? We actually have quite a mixture of furniture. We have a 17 year old bedroom set made of oak. All the other bedrooms have oak color as well. The dining room and living room all have rustic, distressed oak color. Then the school desks are black.
4. Please fill in the rest of this sentence. "I could write a book about____________." Being lonely. Seriously. I hate being alone, but seems I am always alone. I try not to dwell on it, but the fact is I just don't have many friends to spend time with.
5. If money and calendar/family obligations weren't an issue, would you prefer to spend next weekend at a Bed and Breakfast, a posh hotel, a cabin in the woods, or on a sailboat on a calm body of water? I guess the last thing, the sailboat, would have to be someplace warm. I would have to say a cabin in the woods sounds really nice...just as long as there aren't any mountain lions or bears. ((ack))
Thanks for the great questions, Patrice. Hopefully, I'll be able to work this into each week.