After an unexpected event this morning, I ended up home while the majority of the family gone to church. I decided to make a tasty pot of soup for lunch. I usually throw my soups together with ingredients I have on hand, so there really wasn't anything new today. The response was so overwhelmingly positive, I had to share it with you.
- 6 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 can or box of all natural cream of chicken soup ( I used this because I only had one cup worth of broth.)
- two cans of all natural chicken breast meat (About 2 cups.)
- 3-4 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots ( I used 8 of those tiny carrots left in the bag after all the big ones are used.)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 - 2 tsp of salt, depending on whether you used broth or water, and how you like it
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 can diced green chilies
Combine all ingredients and allow to gently boil until potatoes and carrots are tender. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Don't forget to tell me how you like it. Let me know if you made any changes and how it turned out.